Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat



We made the most of Halloween this year:  Preschool party, trick-or-treating to a handful of houses in our neighborhood, pizza parties, and making Hobgoblin cookies (a Porcaro tradition).  Westerners celebrate Halloween while Omanis and Asian guest workers look on with amusement.
 Dressing for Ethan's preschol party:




 Trick-or Treaters in our neighborhood Azaiba:

 Our group attracted some attention that night.  The scariest part of my Halloween was answering the door to a group of 20 hungry trick-or-treaters!

Decorating Hobgoblin cookies

Proud cookie designer

Claire loves dressing up.  She's looking forward to next Halloween.



8 comments:

  1. They are so cute. You had more visitors than we did...zero! Crazy! Seems like more people here do trunk or treat than acutual going door to door. Glad you guys had so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I am so jealous! That's the exact costume from gymboree I wanted to buy for Sofie, but they wouldn't honor my gift card online and they didn't carry it in stores! So jealous, but she looks sooo darling in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! The picture of you and the kids standing in front of the door, Ben and I both thought your kids look so much like you in that picture! But then when your husband and son are doing cookies Ethan looks like him too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pumpkin costume, its very cute. I bet it took some planning to get costumes this year. Way to celebrate traditional style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you give me too much credit. We borrowed stuff from neighbors at the very last minute. We borrowed the dress from our American next door neighbor. Andrea, if it was ours, I'd pass it on to Sofie for next year!

    Thanks for the comments, everyone!! It makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love claire's pumpkin costume.It is so cute!

    Hummmmm,20 hungry trick-or-treaters? Scary indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just been catching up on your blog! You guys really are so fortunate to have such a unique opportunity to be there. I love all your posts! Sorry about the car thing, that stinks. Hope it all got worked out. It also just occurred to me that you must have had to quit your job. Were you sad about that (or maybe exactly the opposite)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Your kiddies are so big! I love them!

    ReplyDelete