Friday, August 6, 2010

Salalah Part 4 - Camels

We saw a lot of Camels during our trip down south.
 Camels relaxing at the beach.
Camels in roundabouts
 
Camels in parks
 
Camels behind camel road signs
 
Camels with birds on their noses
 
Camels on cliffs
 
Camels who can't be bothered.  The van you see started out behind us.  The camels were not the slightest bit rushed by our Mazda 3 coming up behind them.  This van went around us, beeping its horn and agressively pushing its way through the crowd.  We tried to follow close behind, but...
 
...apparently we were not assertive enough.  It was like the story of Moses leading the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground.  We felt like Pharoah's chariots, being swallowed up by the sea.  

1 comment:

  1. So, I keep wanting to comment, but I don't because I'm soooo jealous. Mom always taught me that if I can't say something nice don't say anything at all! ;) I would LOVE to visit there!

    ReplyDelete