A couple of my good friends from church threw me a baby shower last week. I thought I didn't need a shower at first, but it was really fun and I'm so glad I got to have one! Baby Audrey and I received some darling gifts, as well as some much appreciated diapers and coupons for meals and playdates!
Only five people in attendance were pregnant. Here we are in order of due date:
Yesterday I finally got around to washing baby clothes and sheets. When I showed Claire some newborn outfits that she had worn, she got excited and wanted to wear them again. I tried to explain that she was too big, but she insisted, "No, I'm little." It wasn't easy getting the top three snaps done.
When Claire saw a 2-pack of newborn pacifiers, she said, "One for baby Audrey, and one for me!" Um, no, Claire, you are not allowed to have a pacifier anymore. That's why you like to put fingers and other small objects in your mouth when I'm not looking. Just today, David was telling Ethan that they needed a coin to open the battery compartment of a toy. Claire immediately said, "I've got a coin! Here, in my mouth."
Ethan had no difficulties transitioning to life as an older sibling. We'll see how Claire does.
Only five people in attendance were pregnant. Here we are in order of due date:
Yesterday I finally got around to washing baby clothes and sheets. When I showed Claire some newborn outfits that she had worn, she got excited and wanted to wear them again. I tried to explain that she was too big, but she insisted, "No, I'm little." It wasn't easy getting the top three snaps done.
When Claire saw a 2-pack of newborn pacifiers, she said, "One for baby Audrey, and one for me!" Um, no, Claire, you are not allowed to have a pacifier anymore. That's why you like to put fingers and other small objects in your mouth when I'm not looking. Just today, David was telling Ethan that they needed a coin to open the battery compartment of a toy. Claire immediately said, "I've got a coin! Here, in my mouth."
Ethan had no difficulties transitioning to life as an older sibling. We'll see how Claire does.
Ethan gives me these sweet "Mommy and baby hugs"
Just a couple days left to go!






ahhhh! What great photos! I hope you have a safe and rewarding delivery (aren't they all once the baby is in your arms?) You look great! And it looks like you will have some great friends to miss when you move.
ReplyDeleteyou are so cute. What's wrong with that shirt on Claire? It's so "stylish"....ha!!!! I can't wait for you to wrap up baby in her blankie!!! Lisa
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys. A sweet baby,and a move all at once. Best of luck!
ReplyDeletePS I think you are the cutest full term mommy I have ever seen!
I hope you are in the hospital right now! Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDeleteYou look so great, Dawnell!! And, we totally love the same baby names!! If we ever have a girl, Audrey has always been in the number 1 or 2 slot. :) So, excellent choice!!!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of claire is so cute! you look darling I love your little belly. And I LOVE the name you picked. Cant wait to see more pictures of the sweet little baby girl!
ReplyDelete