Okay, after months of threatening to start a blog, I'm finally doing it! Our family moved to Muscat, Oman two weeks ago. We'll be here for 10 months, while David teaches/researches at Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) as a Fulbright scholar. We still have a house in Georgia, and we'll return to UGA for David's 4th and last year of his PhD program.
How did we end up in Oman? David and I met in Fall of 1998 while studying at the BYUJerusalemCenter for Near Eastern Studies. We both have a fascination with the Middle East, and David now has two degrees in Near Eastern history and languages. He's now working toward a PhD in Instructional Technology at the University of Georgia, and wants to tie his knowledge of Middle Eastern history and languages in with his doctoral research. Any Arabic-speaking country would have suited David, and we were lucky to develop connections in what we now believe is the hidden gem of the Middle East.
Dawnell, its great to read about you on facebook and now you have a blog. Crazy to think I met you in '99 in Provo and now you are in the middle east! Sounds like you guys are pretty happy there. Best of luck! :)
David the picture is so beautiful! I love it. I have looked at it 3 times today. I love the comment you wrote that says "We love Oman" that makes me happy for you!
Wow, you guys are so brave. I'm a huge chicken and don't think I could ever be that far away! I hope you guys have a wonderful experience there. I'm sure it'll go by way too fast! I'll send you an invite to see our blog too. Katie
Hey - great to see you starting a blog - this is a really great way to keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteTake care and I'll "chat" with you later.
Adrienne
Dawnell, its great to read about you on facebook and now you have a blog. Crazy to think I met you in '99 in Provo and now you are in the middle east! Sounds like you guys are pretty happy there. Best of luck! :)
ReplyDeleteNicki :)
David the picture is so beautiful! I love it. I have looked at it 3 times today. I love the comment you wrote that says "We love Oman" that makes me happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWow, you guys are so brave. I'm a huge chicken and don't think I could ever be that far away! I hope you guys have a wonderful experience there. I'm sure it'll go by way too fast! I'll send you an invite to see our blog too. Katie
ReplyDelete