Built by Imam Sultan bin Saif Al Ya'arubi in 1670 as a strong hold and residence. This is probably the most beautiful of the forts we have visited in Oman, with it's elaborate carvings and decorations. Plus, it's the first and only place we've visited where we managed to get a decent family picture! (keep scrolling)
David met some Omani and Irani men up here, and of course they wanted pictures of Claire.
Left - Living Room (Majlis) Right - Jail
Ethan doesn't know what guns are, but he's seen a couple dozen cannons in his life!
Mosque
Library
Bath
Couldn't resist some bathroom humor
I'd love one of these at the foot of my bed!
Left- Date storage room Right- Goat skin container
Look! Three out of four people smiling at the camera! It doesn't get much better than that. Thank you, German tourists.












THat is a great family pic!! Love the setting!
ReplyDeleteLove the family picture at the end.....very fun trip - as usual.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat place to visit. I love the family pic. you all look so great!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beautiful fort, and you got a great family pic! I can't believe you guys are leaving Oman in June - that went way too fast (at least on my end!). Hope you enjoy your last bit of time there!
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful family! It's fun to read about all your adventures. I'm interested to hear what David's been thinking about academic life.
ReplyDelete