Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ethan turns 4 (May)

This is the first year that Ethan has been old enough to help plan his own birthday party.  A few of his friends in Muscat had parties just before his, and he had some strong ideas about how his party should be.  For example, rather than having a cake, he wanted "Four cookies with four chocolate chips and four candles."  I talked him out of the party hats with thermometers on them, but we did agree to begin the party at the Muscat Children's Museum and to finish at Pizza Hut.

Making party invitations 
Ethan gave himself a pre-birthday haircut.
  
The Muscat Children's Museum (Claire & friend on a previous visit)
  
Friends - Inside the museum
  
Then the party moved to Pizza Hut:
Friends give Ethan homemade cards
 Birthday Drama (It's my party...)
As requested:  "Four cookies with four chocolate chips and four candles."  
Ethan had on his "serious" face, but I think he actually enjoyed his party.
The moms - I sure miss these ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Wow already 4! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawnell, your shirt in this last picture looks like it has a pause button on it! I'm teasing you. I love how Proud Ethan looks in his hair cut picture, I laughed when I saw his bangs. My favorite picture is Claire and Ethan working so hard to plan the party!

    ReplyDelete