Monday, May 31, 2010

Preschool

From January-May, two of my friends and I took turns doing in-home preschool classes with our kids ages 3-5. Sarah taught the kids weekly and focused mostly on letters.  Carolyn and I took turns having the kids every other week so that the kids had school twice weekly.  Here are a few fun things we did:

Here I am exhausted after my first class, wondering what I'd gotten my self into.  
Our long/short wiener dogs turned out pretty cute, though.
Making #3 out of pasta. Claire was only 1 1/2 but she participated when school was at our house.
Emotions.  The kids had fun making faces and guessing how story characters would feel.
 
We made trains and learned about beginning, middle and end.  The idea was to work on identifying sounds in words, but mostly we just had fun with paints and crayons. 
One of the benefits of living in the church house!  The primary children's room was perfect for preschool.  Initially we tried circle time sitting on the floor, but it was way too chaotic (especially with Claire wandering around the room).
Snack time!
 
David helped out on the last day of class.  We made #7 snakes out of clay. 
 
 
 
Kids watching an old Sesame Street clip about the Alligator King and his 7 sons. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVDUYJo3CjU 
 
David reading "Gerald McBoing-Boing"
 
Some of the preschoolers at Carolyn's house
Play dough at Sarah's house.
Preschool creations proudly displayed on Ethan's wardrobe.
 
Ethan and Claire really love preschool.  Sometimes the three of us play school at home.
Claire likes to hold the weather puzzle during circle time.
Claire can't be trusted with the dry erase markers, hence no shirt.
Puppy and Bunny are never far behind.
Ethan loves to write letters and numbers.
I love how Claire holds a pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment