Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Growing Up

Ethan started preschool 3 mornings/week at Winterville First Baptist Preschool, just 2 blocks from home.  HE LOVES IT!  I couldn't be happier with his teachers and with his school.  It is an answer to prayers.
Ethan and Mrs. Nancy.  His two teachers sent him a letter and photograph in the mail a month before school started, and he immediately responded with a letter of his own.

  
Ethan's class is comprised of eleven 4-year-olds.  He is one of two boys.

 
His teachers are really good about informing us about what activities are coming up.  Ethan has something to look forward to each morning as he's getting ready for school.  After school, Ethan is always very excited to show me his new creations! 

Claire the two-year-old
 
Claire is growing up, too.  We finally gave up on her highchair, and now she enjoys "big girl" status at the table.  She still sleeps in her crib, although she climbs out and lets herself into our room each morning on her own.  (Sometimes she climbs out at night and we find her on the floor with her friends).
  
She still sleeps with Bunny and "Dup-dup," although I've trimmed all her pacifiers to make them less enjoyable.  This photo was taken before the most recent trimming.  
 Naptime is a thing of the past... Claire has too many fun things to do, like setting up her tea set, putting down her stuffed animals for naps, watching Maisy Mouse videos over and over, and chasing Ethan around.  Here she is playing goalie during Ethan's soccer practice.     
And here she is wearing mascara for the first time:
 

When I was pregnant with Claire, people sometimes asked me, "So, you're ready for another one, huh?"  I would respond, "No, but Ethan needs someone to play with."  Well now, two years later, the kids are finally coming into an age when they can play together and truly enjoy each other's company.  I love hearing the sounds of them laughing and playing together! 

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how big Claire is!!! It feels like you just had her!! They are both so darling. I love reading your updates. keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mascara picture is so funny! I love it. Ethan looks so happy and excited to be at preschool- that is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Claire....I "love" it when the girls find my make-up!! ;)

    Ethan - I am so glad you are enjoying preschool - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love preschool!! Claire looked so adorable in her mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to squeeeeeze Ethan and I want to kiss Claire's cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olivia went to Winterville Baptist for preschool and there is no finer people around. Everyone there was soooo wonderful! We loved it. Olivia also had Mrs. Nancy! Please tell her we said HI. :)

    ReplyDelete