Happy 9-year anniversary!
4th of July Parade in Colbert, GA
Boiled Peanuts-- this is sooooo Georgia
Old-timey political rally...notice the white-haired folk in lawn chairs.
Parade loot (that's a gallon-size bag, BTW)
SPARKLERS!
What kind of parents give flaming objects to 2 year olds?!
(See video at end of post)
Ethan was scared to hold one at first, until he watched Claire do it!
LDS temple in Columbia, SC (3hr drive)
Our closest temple in Atlanta is closed for renovation.
The kids got excited about spotting fire hydrants this month...
One of the many novelties of the U.S. not found in Oman.
Cute little SPELLER. Ethan began spelling around his 4th birthday. I always thought kids had to learn how to read before they could learn how to spell. It's so amazing to me to watch Ethan sound words out!
Ethan's version and my translation
Claire loves drawing circles.
She also loves giving me these sneaky looks from underneath her bangs.
Just a random picture.
David's response to the random picture above.
June was a pretty rough month for the family, presumably because the kids were adjusting to their new life in Georgia. Ethan and I created this rule chart together, and we've seen HUGE improvements in behavior. Not like we didn't have rules before... but it helps to have a visual reminder hanging on the wall.
Block Party 2010!!! This is becoming a summer tradition. We host a potluck BBQ and invite all the neighbors. David provided the homemade Gelato.
Not a huge turnout this year, but we had a good time.
My handy husband and helpful Ethan changing the brakes on the Equinox.
Here's a video of Claire with sparklers. I'm so glad she didn't manage to set her dress on fire.
How would I have explained that to children's protective services??
s
















.




That video made me laugh. It is good she didn't catch her dress on fire!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on the baby in making! Hope you're feeling well!
Yay Dawnell! Congrats on baby #3! I love those small town parades! especially when they throw out candy :) I probably would've given my (almost) 2 yr.old a sparkler too he he. I love that sneaky look from Clair...so cute! My Ashley just gives me dirty lookes and man are they mean. lol
ReplyDeleteJust a random picture indeed! Congratulations! Claire is blonde - that's so funny to me considering how dark her hair was when she was younger.
ReplyDelete~ Amber
I love the post. I am laughing and smiling about the translation. I love the reaction to the preg. test. You guys are so great to have a block party. Yeah the sparkler thing freaks me out too! Jess was running with hers. You are so pretty Dawnell! You look the epitome of health and beauty!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats... I hope your feeling well. I love the claire look. Kennedy gives me one of those so often. We are having number 4 in December and I am ready for it to be over. I hope you continue to do well. Love all the pictures. Looks like Georgia is being really good to you :)
ReplyDeleteMan, I feel like you guys have all the time in the world! I can't wait until Derek is done with school! Will your Fall be as fun as your Summer has been? And I hope you're feeling well Dawnell! Pregnancy really bites sometimes!
ReplyDeleteI love your random picture!!! Hope you are feeling good! Loved the video of Claire....she is so funny!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the pregnancy. I had to reread that part a few times to make sure you weren't joking. When are you due! I'm due around April 1st ;)!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Dawnell!! That is so exciting that you are expecting!! And, I totally love your hair long. :)
ReplyDeleteI guess the news is really out now! Kelly seems to have posted her news on facebook today also!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for your pregnancy and new baby!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's very exciting! Good luck with everything, I hope you're feeling okay.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What exciting news lodged in the middle of this post. I hope that you enjoy your new home and the journey of adding on a new addition to the family!
ReplyDeleteWOW, Congratulations. GREAT UPDATE! You know, it might be easier to do daily updates... ;)
ReplyDelete